Most frequent questions and answers
HELPA is the unified engagement platform for parents & support providers, offering tools, support and on-demand access to a network of heavily vetted partners & providers via video or private message, straight from your iOS or Android device.
Yes! You can always rebook with the same support provider. This is a great way for you and participating providers to get to know each other over time.
HELPA does not record video sessions so any information you share with a support provider will stay between you and that provider. HELPA implements industry-leading encryption and data security practices to ensure the security of your personal health data.
The HELPA Community is a safe space for everyone. Whether you find dealing with a diagnosis to be a serious challenge, working to improve your own wellbeing, caring for a child, or interested in learning more about a specific topic—the community is here to help.
Information shared in this community is not moderated or reviewed by clinical practitioners and is not intended to be used as professional advice. Always consult a qualified practitioner before making any changes to treatments or medications.
1. If you have a question about your account or HELPA services, please send a message through the HELPA app or email firstname.lastname@example.org (instead of posting in the community).
2. If you have an immediate medical concern or an emergency, contact your doctor or call emergency services.
Treat the community and everyone involved with respect and kindness. We’re all here to learn from each other.
- Be respectful. Be thoughtful about what you contribute to the conversation. If you disagree with something said, share your opinion in a respectful and constructive way.
- Be kind. Help grow the community with kind, supportive words, and honest advice.
- Respect privacy. By participating in this community you agree to respect each other’s privacy. Avoid sharing personal information about yourself or other members (such as email addresses, phone numbers, or street addresses).
- Share your sources. If you share medical research, expert opinion, or information from third parties, please provide references or links to credit the appropriate sources.
- Stay on topic. Try to keep posts relevant to the topic and ongoing conversations. This helps create positive and productive discussions for everyone.
Please do not:
- Post offensive comments. The community is not a place for controversy, antagonism, racism, sexism, or discrimination.
- Solicit products or services. Please do not sell products in the community or direct anyone else in the community to websites that sell products.
Posts and comments are monitored by Community moderators, who are here to ensure the community remains a safe and positive space for everyone. Moderators have the right to remove any topics or posts and block users who do not follow community guidelines.
Who are community moderators?
HELPA Community moderators are active members of the community and are here to help foster a healthy community environment. They have additional capabilities to ensure that the community remains a safe and supportive place to share and connect with other members.
Moderators have access to:
- Keep topics organized
- Flag and remove spam or content that violate the above Community Guidelines
- Direct members back to existing topics if duplicate discussions are created
- Suspend or cancel member accounts that violate Community Guidelines
Moderators help to:
- Make sure community members use appropriate language and follow Community Guidelines
- Prevent spammers, bots, and trolls from attacking the community
- Protect the community from trademark infringement and legal issues